Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2120 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: DQ 2

Page: 1 , 2 , 3
  • Re: DQ 2

Well, legendary monsters are something that should be relatively easy to do, as they don't involve too much context, just balanced stats. And they could be added to the website. I'm actually curious about the idea of community developed content. Someone has made a fan extension for the book already, and there's not really anything to stop people making up monsters of their own to fight.

The question is, do we need to be careful in terms of copyright? Given that the book is self-published, there'll be no big publisher problem, but would da boss mind?

In dq2, will the abilities be mostly the same or will there be completely new ones? I know the career abilities will be different obviously but wanted to know how many of the general ones will be all new.

@ Legion
    Concerning new/old abilities, I think it will be about 50/50. I'll have a better idea once I've written it! ;)

@ RobinSure
    Hmm, that is a question I have sort of being dreading. The problem with people writing their own DQ materials is that a wave of new 'non-canon' items will be introduced into the mix. Whereas some people will be responsible with this, others might abuse the chance to create the 'perfect uber weapon' for their hero. This also raises issues with hero builds and balancing (and possibly pvp battles, if people go down that route). If some heroes are choosing to equip themselves with their own or someone else's creations then things get messy.

I see the benefits and I see the drawbacks of fan-made content - certainly if it is unregulated. One solution to this (and it is one I have been thinking about lately) is to run a couple of competitions for a new act 2 quest and a new act 3 legendary monster. The winning entries would then be featured on the downloads page as 'official' DQ fan-made products. At least, in this way, fans feel like they can contribute to the site. (Winners would also get a full set of loot cards!)

I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this!

Off course i would love to get more DQ adventures, leg. monsters and so on to read. But as the balancing of the game can very easily become really bad i will only use official "add ons". Therefore i think your (Da Boss) idea is great!
    The only "problem" is that i prefer to have a book with all the content instead of having a book and hundreds of A4 sheets with additional adventures. --> thats the reason why i even buy all the ols expensive books (like bloodsword, late lw and so on) instead of printing the pdf.

Therefore i would really apreciate if in some month or whatever some kind of collectors edition with all additional content would come out - in this case i would buy the book a second time. The only question is if such a "second release" would be bought enough to finance the production cost.

Anyway i would apreciate to get more OFFICIAL content in any way!

best regards Bernd

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Balancing would become a mess- i agree. I'd never read fan written material anyway even if it was well done. I don't think the story needs it or would benefit from anything more. there is four generals to look forward to so I am content with that and replaying what I've already got

Is there an estimated release date or title for DQ2? Thanks

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad