Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Ignite

Page: 1
  • Ignite

I am a bit unsure about the spell ignite. When you roll 2 dice, do you do the same damage to all your opponents or do you roll 2 dice for each one?

I have been playing it where I just roll 2 dice and apply the same damage to all. Is this the correct way?

Very cool game. I am enjoying it a lot!!!!!

• Re: Ignite

I haven't got far enough into the game yet to have such an ability, but looking at the glossary, I would take it to mean that you roll 2 damage dice for each opponent (leading to different amounts of damage to each opponent).

Actually, Pyre - you were right (sorry Blue Crayon!). I have always played it (and meant it to be played) that you roll 2 dice and then apply that damage across all opponents. That goes for all AOE abilities (like ignite, cleave etc).

So, against - say three opponents - roll two dice and get a [4] and a [6]. So that is 10 damage to all of your opponents. If the wording is unclear then perhaps I need to revisit. It is probably a bit open to interpretation! I chose that method as it saves time - just roll the dice once, rather than re-rolling and having to remember who you are attacking etc.

Good to clear that up as I was a bit uncertain but ended up going with Pyre's method of rolling once. Who cares anyway - I have Icelock now

I not had any aoe ability yet (played rogue on first play) but i agree wit bluecrayon that i would take it to roll for each opponent. Maybe just work on the wording in the glossary.

I don't think it make much difference if you roll once or for each anyway

Sure, take your point! I'll tweak the text on the online glossary and get a new version (1.1) up for the weekend. Like you say Blazzor, really doesn't make a huge difference what interpretation you use as I guess both have advantages and disadvantages that cancel each other out. But yes, will get that clarified anyway!

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad