Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Special Achievements

Page: 1
  • Special Achievements

If I fight a monster that has a special achievement, like wormwood, and I fail at to accomplish the special achievement but defeat the monster in the process, am I allowed to retry for the achievement and better loot or do I have to accept the results? I figured since it was an achievement and usually it's hard to pull of we can keep retrying if wanted but wanted to be sure.

• Re: Special Achievements

Technically if you complete the battle then you can't go back and re-fight it, so if you completed it but failed the special achievement criteria, then you would not be eligible for the related reward. But there's nothing to stop you house-ruling the game so that you can try a battle multiple battles to try and achieve that achievement. It would not be 'game-breaking'.

I've opted for a house rule stating: You can try for special achievements as many times as you wish, but once you leave the battle you can no longer try. Essentially you can re-try during your first encounter, but you can't leave to get better gear and try again. Unfortunately this leaves me with a less than 1/46656 chance of getting the wormwood special achievement...

my method for gaining the special acheivement on the hydra was to disengage and start the fight over if it looked like i wasnt going to make it

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad