Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Dark claw + Cat’s speed / Haste

Page: 1
  • Dark claw + Cat’s speed / Haste

When we use Cat’s speed / Haste speed roll is determined by 3 dice. What we must do when we roll a treble and Dark claw is our ability? Mathematical this are 3 doubles. I think the damage is equal to 12.

• Re: Dark claw + Cat’s speed / Haste

An interesting point.

In my opinion, the way I see it, it still only counts as one double (as you check to make the double once all dice are rolled). If you rolled say a [3] and a [3] and a [3] for example - you would elect to use two of those [3] results to trigger Dark Claw, so:

([3] + [3]) leaving you one [3] result left over.

If you rolled four [3] results (or two doubles) then you could use Dark Claw twice.

Hope that makes sense. That is how I play it anyway!

I want to be sure I understand this.. A die can only be used once per double check? It sort of makes sense. But if I used trickster or deceieve to swap afterwards with an opponent's roll and could make another double do I still get an extra effect?

Yes, that would trigger another Dark Claw ability.

I know it is a grey area, but I see it as basically pairing up the dice you have. To create two doubles you need four same rolls. So [1], [1], [1] and [1].

Using a modifier ability like trickster to swap over an opponent's die is also valid if that makes a double.

So, you roll [1] and [1] and use Dark Claw.
    Opponent rolls [1] and [3]
    You use trickster to swap the [1]s over.
    You make another double = Dark Claw triggers again.

A roll of three [1] results is only one double as I see it in game terms. (I know some mathematicians will argue this point!)

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad