Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Shadow Speed ability

Page: 1
  • Shadow Speed ability

Does this ability enable you to ignore the effects of rolling a '1' for attack speed for certain enemies such as 'Flay'

• Re: Shadow Speed ability

Yes, with shadow speed you can change the result of any [1] result for attack speed. This would allow you to avoid Flay's maelstrom effect (for speed rolls anyway).

Don't forget to note the errata to this ability:

Shadow speed (mo): When rolling for your attack speed, all results of [1] can be changed to a [3].

Changed from a speed ability to a modifier ability.

Guess you made it to Act 3 then!

Does Shadow speed apply to all dice for every round? It seems like it might apply to all dice, but just in one round.

Yep, the ability is active in every round, when rolling for attack speed.

Wowzers. So I would never roll a 1...

The ability text is: all results of [1] can be changed to a [3], so it is still a player's decision. While I can't think of an immediate example off-hand, there may be abilities or special conditions that require a [1] to trigger, so the player has the choice not to change the [3]. For the benefit of the app, I would make it automatic I think.

The ability is balanced by the shadow stalker's weaker second ability. It also gives a player more options for gear if they wish to drop speed in favor of brawn or armor items.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad