Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Career switching

Page: 1
  • Career switching

Hi

Congratulations on a great review in SciFi-Now. It looks like word is starting to spread. I hope that means DQ will be massively successful and us fans will get loads more books!

I have a rules question that I'm hoping someone can clear up.

I understand I can only have one career at a time but I can switch at "any time providing I have found the relevant career trainer or object".

If I learnt the gladiator career and then I took the ranger career, then in act 3 I wanted to switch back to gladiator, can I? Or can I only learn a career if I am able to speak to the trainer/visit the numbered entry?

• Re: Career switching

As I understand it you can only learn the career when you speak to the trainer or pick up an object, like one of the mage talismans. I don't think you can just keep swapping whenever you want. At least I hope not because I never played that way!

Yes, that is correct Typhon. You can switch careers but only when they are offered to you as an option in the text.

Does it imply that I can swith back to Cavalier a couple of times during Act3, if defeat two more times Caeleb in duel?
    The encounter takes place at Redguard's camp, so it could be theoretically repeated as many times as I wish (even for the mere pleasure of wiping the floor with Caeleb's cloak).

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad