Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Raiders of the Dune Sea Mage

Page: 1
  • Raiders of the Dune Sea Mage

Name: Theophilus
    Path: Mage
    Career: Aeronaut (formerly Diviner)
    Stats: Speed 10, Magic 16, Armour 1, Health 57

Equipment
    Head - Crooked Crown +1sp, +1ar (command)
    Shoulders - Cloak of Embers +1sp, +1ma (fire aura)
    Gloves - Median Clasp +1sp, +2ma (weaver)
    Chest - Spectral Vestment +1sp, +2ma (ghost)
    Feet - Gale Runners (plus ambulatory pads, sable strike and empowered rune) +2sp, +3ma (slipstream, dominate)
    Main Hand - Crackling Spire (staff) +1sp, +3ma (forked strike)
    Left Hand - Swift Crescent (sword) +2sp, +2ma (haste)
    Talisman - Jonah's Compass +1sp, +3 health (surefooted, charm)
    Necklace - Mukunu String, +1ma +1br (sear, charm)
    Ring 1 - Timekeeper (plus runes of weakening and healing) +1ma (sixth sense, healing, curse)
    Ring 2 - Prowler's Ring (plus glyph of life) +1ma, +4 health (evade)

Didn't use the vault as much this time other than for the useful Haggler's ring (barter) when buying stuff - great for the scarabs from Griglo!

Abilities - augment, misdirection, shadow well, shroud burst, seraph's protection, plus winds of fate and fists of the storm from Aeronaut Career

Augments - Perception x2, Mobility

Faction Reputations: Hinba +6, Cabal +7, Sun Dogs +2, Griglo +4.

Minions: Fire Sprite, Lightning Spark

Really enjoyed play-through as a mage, although found I was reluctant to spend magic until I got a way of restoring it e.g. ghost.

• Re: Raiders of the Dune Sea Mage

Thanks for sharing, Rougie.

I think you may have made a mistake somewhere with your 'ancient technology' gains. There are only 5 to be found in the book (and 5 rep needed for tick tock), and the fifth is only obtainable by a rogue, hence the tick-tock career is a rogue only career.

Only thing I can think of, is that you had a minor or major artifact and recorded it incorrectly? Might be worth checking your sheet.

I can go through the ancient technology locations if necessary, but that would need to go into the spoiler thread. The one available via the Cabal can only be purchased once remember.

Otherwise, awesome work!

• Re: Raiders of the Dune Sea Mage

Michael,

Thanks, I have edited. I only changed to a tick-tock before the final battle and it wouldn't have made any difference to that result (in my view the dungeon delves are a bit harder than the final battle).

Yes, I must have made a mistake in recording and that also explains why the tick-tock career didn't specify a particular path, which I thought was rather unique!

Peter

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad