Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Sly the Bard

Page: 1
  • Sly the Bard

Well, that WAS exhausting.

I just completed my marathon run of all three books, finishing EoWF with a Rogue character (who turned out to be a Bard in the end).

I feel like I would have liked to stick with the Reaver career as that felt incredibly powerful and had flavour - but it's abilities lose their reliability as you hit Act 2, so I decided to switch to Bard. I couldn't quite get comfortable with the build I created but having said that, I found it easy to get through the book.

Of the three characters I created, my Monk was favourite by far.

Anyway, here's the Hero:
    Name:Sly the Mourner and Serpent Slayer (formerly Prince Arran)
    Path: Rogue
    Career: Bard
    Stats: 14 sp, 24 br, 3 ma, 0 ar
    Health: 50

Head: Oblivion Hood (1 sp, 2 br - Decay)
    Cloak: Dark Storm (2 sp, 3 br - Splinters )
    Gloves: Tangled Tentacles (1 sp, 1 br - Webbed)
    Chest: Black Vice(2 sp, 4 br - Deep Wound)
    Feet: Sable's Shadows (2 sp, 2 br - Rebound)

Main hand: Valediction (2sp, 4 br- Cruel Twist)
    Left hand: Vibrato enhanced with Troll Tresses, Rune of Healing and Rune of Nightmares(2 sp, 4 br - Sweet Spot, Heal, Insulated, Fear)

Talisman: Spirit Fire (1 sp, 5 hl - Sear)

Necklace: Coldheart Cinch(1 sp, 1 br - Mangle)
    Ring: Betrayer's Kiss enhanced with Rune of Fortune(2 br, 2ma - Critical Strike, Charm)
    Ring: Corrupted Eye(1 br, 1 ma - Disease)

Other abilities: Deadly Dance, Good Vibrations, Spectral Claws, Intimidation, Pain Barrier, Ice Slick, Gambit, Scarlet Strikes, Shadow Thorns, Tormented Soul.

Gold Crowns: 900

Backpack: Red Pills x3, Flask of Healing

So, there we have it.

Time for a rest now.

• Re: Sly the Bard

Wow that must have been some hardcore dice rolling over the last few days. I now know who to call on if I ever need a game tester! ;)

Great achievement and a fine roster of heroes. I'm glad you enjoyed exploring different careers. You are certainly the go-to expert on the books now I expect.

Did you ever find those flawless emeralds?

• Re: Sly the Bard

Yep! I've been on extended leave from work so I've had quite a bit of time on my hands. I'd had EoWF sitting on my bookshelf for months and hadn't had time to play it, so I took advantage of the spare time and had a go, which then got me hooked (I also purchased the DQI app).

If ever you do need playtesters for any further books, I'd be more than happy to oblige!

And yes - I did find the flawless emeralds on this play through with my Rogue character! Thinking about your hints, I made a more cowardly choice when I encountered some scavengers and was rewarded for it (and I'd already found the emerald in the creature's lair in my second playthrough, so I already knew where to go to get that one).

PS: I really hope you can continue this series. I am eager to know more about Ryker and his mysterious side-kick; I'm betting that you were planning to return to these characters?

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad