Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: DQ1 Assassin for Hero vs Hero

Page: 1
  • DQ1 Assassin for Hero vs Hero

It's so much fun pre-building characters, then equipping them exactly when you go through the story! Here's one I developed for Hero vs Hero combat.

Name: Feigenbaum
    Path: Rogue
    Career: Assassin
    Stats: Speed - 16, Brawn - 26, Health - 45 (90 in HvH combat).

Head: Total eclipse (+2S +3B, vanish)
    Cloak: Hulking shoulders (+2S +3B, barbs)
    Gloves: Bone bracers (+1S +2B, bleed)
    Chest: Dark slayer vest (+2S +4B, dominate)
    Feet: Marsh stalkers (+2S +3B, sideswipe)

Main hand: Mortician's scalpel (+3S +4B, disease)
    Left hand: Fang of Vengos (+2S +4B, venom)

Talisman: Grimm ichor (+1S, poison mastery)

Necklace: Eye of shadow (+1S, usurper)
    Ring: Vampire's bite (+2B, piercing)
    Ring: Witchwood thorn (+1B, thorns)

Notes: I tried to maximise this guy's passive damage. So after First strike, each combat round ends with the opponent taking a whopping 9 points of damage (1 each from Barbs, bleed and thorns, 2 from disease, and 4 from Venom + deadly poisons + poison mastery).

I picked up Banshee's wail so that, along with sideswipe and vanish, I can dodge for 3 combat rounds if I lose and still do 27 points worth of hurt.

The Vampire's bite ring is one of the bookmarks with equippable items that came with the hardback version of the Gollancz book.

Finally, I swapped out the necklace's haste ability for the Usurper modifier.

• Re: DQ1 Assassin for Hero vs Hero

That is impressive! I doubt you'll have many takers for HvH combat with those stats and abilities ;)

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad