Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: DQ2 Runecaster

Page: 1
  • DQ2 Runecaster

Vallus Hauster - Runecaster Mage, The Dark Angel

Mage - Runecaster
    Health 50 Armor 0
    Speed 15 Brawn 0
    Magic 36

Abilities
    Speed - silver frost, immobilise
    Combat - prophecy, wave, corrode, backdraft, demon spines, command, vanish
    Modifier - refresh, magic tap, focus, charm x2, heal, resolve
    Passive - sear, demon claws, disease, demon blood, leech, lightning

Main hand - Occulus, eye of pain (staff) +2S +5M focus, lightning
    Left hand - Scriva, Nimbus of nightmares (wand) +3S +4M curse, sear
    Chest - Glutton's robes +2S +4M leech
    Head - Kraka's crown +2S +5M command, silver frost, vanish - runes of winter and shadows
    Cloak - Drakeskin epaulets +2S +5M (glyph of power) backdraft - charm rune, heal rune
    Gloves - Gloves of the firmament +1S +4M resolve
    Feet - Ixion's shackles +2S +3M immobilise
    Necklace - Sea spray garland +1S +1M wave
    Talisman - Lich stone +1M runecaster
    Ring - Iron recluse +2M corrode + charm rune
    Ring - Bad tooth +2M disease

Gold 550
    Backpack
    Spectral syllabub (full heal)
    Elixir of swiftness +4S

• Re: DQ2 Runecaster

That's about as powerful a Mage as you can make in HoF. I might swap Obsidian Shard in as my necklace to have piercing, rather than Wave, but otherwise very strong....

My Wave can do 36 damage, 18 to any one person. Hardly anyone has that much armor, and the ability to split the damage is amazing in multi-enemy battles. I think it's the strongest ability that Mages have.

I wonder if you have made the same assumption about Wave that I did initially. Wave is used instead of rolling for a damage score, not as well as: http://www.destiny-quest.com/forums/rules-q-and-a/show/2658#post2658

So against a single opponent it would be useless as you can do a maximum of 18 points damage with it, and as you say, very few (although not all) opponents have 18+ armour, so you'd be better off using your normal damage score.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad