Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Another Fast Alchemist

Page: 1
  • Another Fast Alchemist

So, for posterity's sake - and in case I lose my character sheet before DQ2 comes out - I'll post my guy here. This is from my first-ever playthrough. I'd deliberately avoided the forums, and yet I see that, by coincidence, I've created a character very similar to cdc_it's Alchemist. Wasn't copying, honest.

A couple of notes: taking Tempest's Fury would have given me an extra point in Magic, but I decided to hang on to the weapon I had, just to keep hold of the 'piercing' ability (enemies tend to be heavily armoured in the later parts of the story). Also, I was tempted to switch to Pyromancer when that career became available, but finally stayed with Alchemist just to keep my Speed a little higher. In hindsight, maybe I should have switched; one point less of Speed wouldn't have made a huge difference, I think.

And so, at the end of Act III: -

NAME: Eric (where does this name come from, exactly? Do you just decide to choose a name when you first wake up with no memory?)
    PATH: Mage
    CAREER: Alchemist (Good Taste, Midas Touch)
    TITLE: The Champion of Light (Bright Shield)

SPEED: 18
    BRAWN: 0
    MAGIC: 23
    ARMOUR: 2
    HEALTH: 50

CLOAK: Slipstream Silk (+3SP, +2MA, Surge)
    HEAD: The Morgue (+2SP, +4MA, Leech)
    GLOVES: Gardner's Gloves (+2SP, +2AR)
    MAIN HAND: Frost Burn (+2SP, +4MA, Piercing)
    CHEST: Slipstream Gown (+2SP, +4MA, Overload)
    LEFT HAND: Archstrike (+3SP, +3MA, Dominate)
    TALISMAN: Blinding Dust (+1SP, Deceive)
    FEET: Sanguine Slippers (+2SP, +2MA, Charm)
    NECKLACE: Pendant of Foresight (+1SP, Evade)
    RING: Wrath of Ages (+2MA, Rust)
    RING: Band of Elements (+2MA, Lightning)

BACKPACK: Gold detector (Beep, beep!), Pot of Mending (or whatever it's called, +12 Health), Potion of Healing (+10 Health), Stinkbomb (-2 to enemy's SP for one round), Arthurian's Horn (20 damage, no armour protection)

GOLD: 1020

And there we go. Next time... maybe a Rogue.

• Re: Another Fast Alchemist

Thanks for sharing your build. Very impressive - I doubt many enemies caused you much stress (other than the white ape, of course...).

Gardener's gloves are receiving a nerf in the new edition - dropping a point of speed, I'm afraid.

Good idea. Keep those uppity potion-swiggers in line.

And a suggestion for DQ2 - maybe a few more fights like King Louis, where you need Armour to survive more than a few seconds. That'll bring the lightly-armoured speedfreaks (like me) to a screeching halt. Force - no, encourage - people into balancing their build a little more.

Yes, there are more combats like the King Louis one - in both the upcoming bonus content for LoS and in DQ2. Balanced builds will be of greater significance - and easier to accomplish - due to improved itemisation in DQ2.

Tanks get the last laugh! I love it

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad