Forums

Here be spoilers!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

497 Posts in 101 Topics by 104 members

Topic: Looking for a good assassin combination

Page: 1 , 2
  • Re: Looking for a good assassin combination

Yes, you're probably right. Frustrating as I'm a bit of a gold hoarder and my last character was a pickpocket....

• Re: Looking for a good assassin combination

I finished the game, and have reached a few conclusions:

Firstly, the critical strike-deep wound combination sucks.
    When you have a brawn of 25-ish, and no armor, the abilities that heal or cause damage are actually pretty bad.
    Damage abilities tend not to scale well, so the most important thing is winning vs losing a combat round.

The best abilities are those that turn a lost combat round into a won combat round, followed by those abilities that help you avoid damage. Also, the venom/disease/assassin combo just wears the enemy down while you're dodging attacks.

To that end, I found the following items indispensible:
    Crown of Command (head) +5 Brawn, +5 Magic, command (turn a lost combat round into a won combat round)
    Demon's Heart (talisman) +1 Speed, trickster (swap one of your dice with won of theirs, turning a lost combat round into a won combat round)
    Stolen Hope (necklace +1 Brawn, +1 Magic, deceive (same as trickster)

Combine that with the dagger Spite (venom) and Mortician's Scalpel (disease), you can do a lot of damage.

For damage prevention I have sidestep, evade and vanish.
    I have a couple of items still from my time as a pickpocket:
    Marsh Stalkers with sidestep
    Kaggadour's Cloak with piercing.

I also decided to pass on the Nightcrawler set. Firstly, as I said above, damage abilities don't scale well (except piercing), and secondly, youc an't get that and the diamond for the crown of command.

I did not end up using the poison boost talisman because it simply isn't better than the trickster ability.

As for the bleed ring, I found a leech ring, but I never get hit so it doesn't matter.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad