Forums

Here be spoilers!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

497 Posts in 101 Topics by 104 members

Topic: Pickpocket changes?

Page: 1
  • Pickpocket changes?

Aww come on, you can't leave us hanging like that! Can you tell us what the changes are going to be? And is V2 a reference to the legon of shadow book out next year?

• Re: Pickpocket changes?

I was playtesting Four Generals and realised that the current 'loot master' ability becomes so ridiculously overpowered it doesn't bear thinking about!

Both their abilities will be changing, but I promise you that they won't be losing out. In fact, they are gaining quite a cool new ability that could have a lot of hardcore players suddenly rerolling...

I'll provide a decent update for you all soon, I promise. My hands are a bit 'tied' at the moment.

Sounds cool! I'm glad I rolled a pickpocket now.

Will the changes effect my current character in any way? I don't want to have to start over

Don't worry Myrrhh it won't really be a problem. Existing pickpockets will benefit from the extra gear they have won from the lootmaster ability, but they will likely be swapping out those items over the course of the book/s anyway - so I don't think there is any need to be scrapping characters and rerolling.

The new lootmaster works differently to the old.

I'm not sure why lootmaster is an issue, it's just a bit of extra gold here and there.
    Patchwork pauper is much more powerful!

The original lootmaster let you pick as many items as you wanted. You didn't have any restrictions. I never tried it out but I can see how it might have become overpowered.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad