Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2101 Posts in 313 Topics by 274 members

Topic: Great book but

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
  • Re: Great book but

Post your character momodig and I will try and help. I've done LoS with all three classes.

speed 11
    brawn 18
    magic 2
    armor 4

abilities:
    Charm x2
    Piercing
    Sidestep
    Heal
    Stun
    Loot Master
    Patchwork Pauper
    Fire Auora
    Deep Wound

I'd really like to finish the book, but like I said I'm going to shelve the series, I'm stuck at the final boss, Act 2... I don't want to reread 10 hours I already put into the book.

And I admit, two of the boss monsters in this act I could not beat, so I cheated, hoping to get gear, but nadda... so ya I'm going to cheat anymore. I believe one was the hydra where if you don't kill it after three turns, it regenerates back to full health... was one I cheat on, the other I can't remember, was frustrated, I hit this block at the time was going to throw the book in the trash bin And was yay this is great got all 4 books, hopefull there will be a 5th, now that's changed, I really don't care if I read the others or a 5th... to much mundane rolling, trying to beat the same monster over and over.

Sadly I find d100 or four against darkness more satisfying sorry just my thought a newbie... I wanted to play this for the story, and four against darkness for the rolling.. And the rolling in four against darkness is much more interesting. Not putting down the book, just saying for someone new to this type of book, it's very unforgiving and I don't recommend it to new people to the genre, one mistake, picking the wrong gear, seems to vital and more important to the book the the story. It's sad the author wrote such beautiful words, only to be hindered by poor gear choices.

I've done all the quests up to this point, ACT 2 boss

Pickpocket is a terrible career choice unless you know the book and what abilities to keep. Looks like you went for charm and thats a bad choice. Heal for a rogue is bad too so not sure what item is giving that. You should have gone down the poison route with assassin or witchfinder if you could get it. Without venom or passives you are gonna struggle with that path. Can only think you traded good skills with pickpocket.

Any consolation is that i played warrior and then started over as another character. I knew more about what I was doing. Speed is the only thing you need to keep up.

So warrior and Speed? Okay I might give it another go. Any tips? So go warrior path with speed?

Playing another 10 hours, that I already did, is gonna be tough

Warrior is worst no! Rogue is best but go pickpocket then assassin career (with the legendary boss in act2). Focus on speed and nothing else. You will win easy.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad