Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2101 Posts in 313 Topics by 274 members

Topic: Great book but

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
  • Re: Great book but

I played rogue in the first book on the recommendations on this forum and it plays easier because I think the gear choices are better. I'll confess I went rogue in HoF and really enjoyed it then replayed with warrior. Mage for WF and RoDS. I loved the new game mechanics in RoDS for mages.

Best advice is always pick items with speed! That's how you "level up".

From Book 2 onwards I took a very different approach to speed and the way itemisation works. The speed of items is 'drip fed' in a more formal way so that the speed of items stays consistent for each stage of the book. Therefore, it is very hard to fall behind in speed and find yourself struggling.

Book 1 was obviously the first one I wrote and a bit of an experiment - that was successful in some areas, but in others probably a fell a bit short. However, like I said, you can use the Italian edition list of changes to 'amend' your book with the balance changes.

http://www.destiny-quest.com/forums/general-discussion/show/3836#post3836

http://www.destiny-quest.com/forums/general-discussion/show/3837#post3837

These are largely quality of life improvements to make some items stronger, have more useful stats, and reduces the difficulty of some fights.

yeah I had no problems with the other books at all. They played a lot smoother than the first. Still died plenty of times though!

Sorry guys i'm DONE. All 4 books in the garbage. I tired and tired of rolling and rolling and rolling and rolling, so boring so so so boring... acn't even get out of the first act now... I'm done... terrible book, can't say about the others, but I have so little time to deal with such tedious rolling boredom when I have better books to read and games to play.

I would not recommend this book to anyone. Go play diablo, or some other game. Just to much tedious rolling and such a boring system of combat, that there''s no excitement to my rolls..Bye

Sorry to hear you had such a negative experience - and a shame that you won't get to experience the dramatic changes and improvements in the other books, but - of course - you should always play and read what you enjoy!

Wish you all the best with your future adventures!

Well I like to imagine the fights in my head like I would with any rpg. If you see it as just rolling dice I see its gonna be boring. The abilities are descriptive enough to imagine you firing off spells, dodging attacks, putting up a shield, drinking a potion..... Some of my best gaming moments came from book two with the legendary fights. Literally going down to the wire with 2 health and winning. Love it!

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad