Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Kindle vs Paperback?

Page: 1 , 2
  • Re: Kindle vs Paperback?

I use an app called "Graphic." It's an app that is both for IOS and OS. When I got it, it was cheap. I'm not sure if it is anymore.

However, if that doesn't work, I don't see any reason we couldn't set up a Pages sheet.

I just downloaded the character sheets for this. I'll be converting it soon so I can use them.

When using the Graphics app, I put a screen shot of the stats sheet (half of this one at a time) on one level, and I put the text boxes on a top level. I create a workspace that is long rather than wide so that I don't have to zoom as much - scrolling is easier.

Thanks for the info, RiwWrath. Do you use the Kindle app or Books or something else?

I read it using the Kindle app. The links work really well.

Heads up, though. Sometimes the app gets fussy with the repeated use of links. I find that it may become unresponsive. When that happens, I just open another book when I restart it. Then, I go back to the gamebook and then all is well again. I've discovered that problem while I was playing through Fabled Lands.

Kindle makes gamebooks a better experience. I sometimes get lost and forget what number I'm supposed to be turning to, so the links are awesome.

Thanks again. I started using OneNote to hold the character sheet and then have Kindle open to the side like this:

(hopefully this link works)
    This way I can resize things (the Hero Sheet is smaller than 100% right now) and I can write on the Hero Sheet as needed using the Apple Pencil. Below it I have the combat tracker that I downloaded from the official site. And, I have a separate page with Glossary that I also downloaded from the official site.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad