Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Career sneak peeks

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
  • Re: Career sneak peeks

You've answered my prayers! A DQ shaman class with totems! Now I can finally relive my shammy warcraft days Can't wait! (intrigued what you have in store with the other mage classes. Warlock perhaps?)

Glad you like. Actually, the next mage career does have some warlock traits. One ability is a summon that gives passive damage. Combine that with other passives and you have the equivalent of a DOT/summoner warlock.

Neat! I'm hoping for more of a thief style of character in book 3. The reaver looks more warrior than a rogue. I prefer to play a sneaky type.

I always base the careers on the environment and setting. The rogue careers are not really stealth-based this time around. Such a class wouldn't survive for long in the harsh and unrelenting environment of the north. Expect more rugged careers for warrior, rogue and mage. This is DQ hardcore...

Thief class was in book 2 so expected a change of pace and abilities. Good to know we got some different stuff to look forward to. I like to play rogue. Then mage. Then warror. Lol

You're right that I have stayed clear of generic "thief" style classes (do love 'em though) but I do hope that I have brought a different flavour (and set of strategies) to the three paths this time around - including rogue. I think players/readers will be more surprised with what is in store. I guess I have to strive with each book to keep it feeling new and entertaining!

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad