Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Kindle ebook not available outside UK?

Page: 1 , 2
  • Kindle ebook not available outside UK?

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to buy the kindle version of the first book, but the link available in the blog post don't work properly - it redirects me to a 'book not available' page. Any way I can buy it directly?

• Re: Kindle ebook not available outside UK?

I can check with my publisher, but I would have thought it would be available overseas as it's a digital download. Have you tried just going onto Amazon and then searching for 'The Legion of Shadow'? The Kindle version appears 13th on the list. Then try visiting that page. I get a 'one click' to buy icon so it looks active and available to me.

If any US fans have bought the e-version, can you pitch in to this topic to confirm it's availability and help Zenburn out?

Oh, and those that did get it - posting some reviews would be great ;-)

I tried to search for it the the US amazon store using various related terms, with no luck. If I click directly in the link posted in the news, I see this: http://grab.by/etD8 . I've tried multiple computers (PCs and Macs) and Browsers (Chrome, IE and Firefox).

Help me Boss!

That is peculiar. I wonder if I see the 'click to buy' because I am a UK Kindle owner and its only available for the UK. (Which doesn't make a huge amount of sense.)

Can other US fans confirm? If so, I'll be on to my publisher next week to see if I can get it sorted!

Yes, it does appear there is an availability issue in the States. I've queried this with my publisher, so will update when I know more.

Sadly, I've received news from my publisher that the Kindle/eBook version is not currently available in the States. Gollancz are still in talks with US publishers re: the DestinyQuest franchise, therefore Gollancz cannot, at this time, make the first book available as an eBook.

Sorry for the bad news, but it is also good news too (if a US publisher snaps up the series). So, fingers crossed and we'll see what happens!

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad