Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2120 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Heart of Fire careers

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
  • Re: Heart of Fire careers

Rogue, right?

Skill wise, this is what I'm looking for.

Turkey Call - Summons a flock (or rafter if you want) of turkeys to peck at your enemy. Each turkey does 1d6 of damage. You must roll 2d6 to determine how many turkeys are called. You must roll damage for each turkey individually. Their damage ignores armor (getting pecked in the eyes hurts!)

Pumpkin Pie - Bake a pumpkin pie that you can use to throw at your opponent to slow them by 2 Speed for one round. Alternatively, you can eat the pie for 10 hp (hey, pumpkin pies are good)

And to go along with this, there must be a Legendary Turkey boss called The Gobbler. The Pilgrim does double damage, but cannot use Turkey Call on this boss. That is because The Gobbler is the king of turkeys. They will not fight against their lord.

I should emphasize that I'm American, thus pulling in a lot of Thanksgiving related stuff to this.

For a moment, when I first read the skill title Turkey Call I thought you were being serious!

Perhaps I should have a secret unlockable 'Turkey Level' (like Diablo's version of the cow level). That would be pretty cool ;-)

No, I'm afraid in this context the pilgrim is more holy travel and less turkey. Although, funnily enough pumpkin pie is a little nearer the mark regarding something in DQ2...

Hey, I told you a month ago that I had a copy of DQ2 ;)

That does make me think. It might be fun to write an unofficial fan quest that is related to this idea. Maybe an Act 1 difficulty one, but something that would be more fun than not. New career: Farmer, with above said skills. Can only be that career while on the quest. Could be played by any character from any book, the way I'm thinking of it. (portal to another realm, or something)

The Drake has now been added to the careers section

http://www.destiny-quest.com/how-to-play/careers/2

Are there going to be any duplicate Careers? I'm thinking that you're going to run out of names at some point.

I don't intend (at this point) to have any duplicate careers but if it suits the narrative and makes sense to have a duplicate in later books then I won't rule it out.

Fear not, I can be very inventive when it comes to careers/classes. You wait to 'till you see the next Heart of Fire one ;)

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad