Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2120 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Is Speed too important?

Page: 1 , 2 , 3
  • Re: Is Speed too important?

Matthew, could you intoduce some kind of item that lets you put clothing/weapons in your backpack? It makes sense, and means that players could switch tacics in the game for a special monster or hang on to 'set' weapons (like Clymonystra's Adornments) until they get the pair.

I don't think a 'stash' would work - things get too fiddly and the Act thing mucks it up - but I think putting weapons in the backpack could make the game more tactical and fun.

Welcome to the forum Sharpeye!

I agree with you that the 'stash' idea is not a perfect solution - but at the same time, I didn't feel that the Heart of Fire (where stashes are introduced) requires you to stockpile lots of equipment. The stash is used again in Book Three, but again - it is there as an extra rather than being integral to the game.

However, with Book Four (if there is a Book Four!) I want to introduce a much deeper, strategic style of gameplay and to complement that I will probably allow you to carry extra equipment in your backpack, to swap before a combat begins. In that way, you can tailor your abilities to each opponent. This may link to certain resistances for example.

Speed is important, but not too important. More battles with high speed score in HoF bored me. I smash everything. In some fight I give extra Speed point to my oponents - this isn't a cheat . May be have to write rule that monsters will have more Speed in Hard level in the game.

In LoS I play with Padok who have 13 sp. In some moments with 14 sp. But speed ability give me more cheerful battles. I take items with low speed point and abilities that give me more fun.

P.S. The battles in LoS is more hard than HoF and more number. In the next book I hope more than 100 or 110 battles.

Currently Online: Da Boss

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad