Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Rules question

Page: 1 , 2
  • Rules question

Firstly gotta say amazing game never played a game book before but this is great fantastic work.

Okay onto my quesiton the ability "first cut" allows me to inflict 1 point of damage before combat begins.

Does this mean a) it does damage at the start of the encounter and none after

or

b) at the start of every round of new combat it deals 1 damage? (like bleed)

And does this apply bleed?

• Re: Rules question

(Moving this to rules forum)

Glad you are enjoying the book!

Yes, first cut allows you to inflict 1 point of damage before combat begins. That is the only time it is played, so you do not use it again in that encounter.

And yes - it does health damage - so it will apply bleed and any other passive effects you have.

Thanks after posting i realised there was a topic for it great yeah got my head around "combat" and "combat rounds" being 2 different things thanks for the quick reply

I think you you confused the first cut with the first strike.

From what i understood is that

If you have First Cut you do not apply any Venom or Bleed passive ability since you do not roll any die for damage.

But if you have the First strike then YES you DO activate the Venom or Bleed ability.

Am i correct?

First Cut does inflict venom and/or bleed as you have inflicted health damage on your opponent.

I am sorry but at the description at the back of the book about the abilities you say

1 - Venom(pa): if your damage dice/damage score causes health damage.....

and the rules (at the beginning of the book) state that damage dice and damage scores are when you are rolling dices. Damage score is when your hero rolls a die and adds his brawn/magic AND damage dice are dice that you roll for damage but do not add your brawn or magic to the result.

2 - Also at the back of the book at the abilities First Cut and First Strike at the first strike you include "This will also inflict any harmful passive abilities you have, such as venom and bleed". You don't say this above at the First Cut ability.

So is the first cut ability "inflict 1 health damage" the same as rolling a die???? And if so then i guess it applies for everything from now on(I mean other skills and abilities)?

P.S.
    Also the wording about Bleed ability at the back of the book is not the same worded as venom(which are kinda the same thing with only difference the type of damage venom/bleed and that one gets to do 2 damage and the other only 1).

I come from a heavy boardgame background so the rules are must for me.

Also to help with any problems of wording....

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad