Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Martyr ability

Page: 1
  • Martyr ability

I'm playing book 1 and equipped the Knight's Rose with the martyr ability which allows me to take 5 damage instead of whatever damage an enemy would deal. I'd like to know of I can still subtract armour from those 5 points of damage?

Update: after thinking it over, it might be too powerful an ability, because it would mean I could completely negate an attack if I had an armour rating of 5. Am I right? Or is it possible?

• Re: Martyr ability

It's not that powerful an ability in DQ, because combat abilities like Vanish, Evade, etc. let you completely negate an attack, regardless of armour. But I would assume that when you're told to take a certain amount of damage, armour doesn't reduce it unless you're specifically told it does. Martyr is still a very good ability for a low-armour hero like a rogue, who could possibly take 15-20 points of damage from one attack.

• Re: Martyr ability

You don't use armour to reduce the damage.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad