Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Retaliation + Sear & Acid

Page: 1
  • Retaliation + Sear & Acid

Hi,

I'm new to the books and really like them so far. Great job. Just one question. Can you combine Retaliation with Sear and Acid ? so add 2 to the damage dice? Or do I misunderstand Retaliation? Thanks

• Re: Retaliation + Sear & Acid

Glad you are enjoying the books Ben.

In answer to your question, no you can't use Sear and Acid with Retaliation.

Sear and Acid can only be used when rolling for a damage score (i.e. when you win a round and roll dice to add to your Brawn or Magic to apply damage).

"Damage dice" are a different type of damage that are more 'instant' and apply to a lot of abilities where you don't add Brawn or Magic.

Retaliation uses damage dice.

Hope that makes sense. The distinction is made on page 11 of the book (if you have the latest edition).

• Re: Retaliation + Sear & Acid

Thanks for your answer Boss.

Didn't notice that there's a difference between "Damage dice" and "Rolling for a damage score". But all is clear now.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad