Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Moving Books

Page: 1
  • Moving Books

So ive just finished the first book. do i bring the hero i have in that book into the next book?
    if not what do i do?

• Re: Moving Books

No, you will start a completely new character for Book 2. You'll start with a fresh character sheet, begin by reading the prologue, make choices, fight battles, and get better stuff, just like Book 1.

However, keep the completed character sheet for your Book 1 character. In Book 2, you'll have the option of fighting team battles, where Book 1 guy teams up with your current Book 2 guy. Team battle rules are given at the beginning of Book 2, though they're kind of complicated. If you don't want to use your Book 1 character, you can use one from the Post Your Hero! forum.

• Re: Moving Books

As T-Man says, your character is different in Book 2 so you start from scratch - but you will have three opportunities to team up with your Book 1 Character for some really tough (optional) fights.

Your Book 1 character also puts in an appearance in Book 2 whether or not you choose to fight the team battles (which I would suggest you do, as some of the rewards are worth it and you can choose a reward for both characters!).

The great thing about DQ is that the story has an over arching theme and the characters that you create in each book are central to that major theme and they will all interact and affect each other. It's pretty epic!

Enjoy! I think Book 2 is my favourite of the three so far.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad