Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Fighting multiple opponents

Page: 1 , 2 , 3
  • Fighting multiple opponents

When I play "Fighting multiple opponents" I must choose who of them take my damage, if I win round. Then I must roll for my attack speed and then roll once for attack speed on every opponent /if there are three monsters roll 2x6 three times/. The highest result win the round. If I have the same result with only one opponent and the others are with low attack speed then me, the round is draw.
    If I lose the round in "The Legion of Shadow" every opponent apply damage at my Health.
    But the rules in "The Eye of Winter's Fury" are "If I lose the round, my chosen opponent strikes against me". What about the others opponents? Why they don't hit me?

• Re: Fighting multiple opponents

Hi Marilyn

Yes, the rules were changed in Winter's Fury because of the high number of encounters with multiple opponents.

You only roll for attack speed for yourself and the opponent you want to fight. You don't roll for anyone else. So if you win, you apply damage to that opponent. If the opponent wins, they apply damage to you. Others do not roll for attack speed.

Other opponents actually do hit you - as I think most encounters will have the 'outnumbered' ability (you take 1 damage from each opponent as long as you are faced with multiple opponents). Other fights might have other passives that come into play, forcing your hero to take damage.

Hope that makes sense!

Wrong interpretation of the rules. I searched the site sample battle with multiple opponents and could not find. Now things are clear

Hope the rules are clearer now. I may write up a 'multiple opponents' combat walkthrough next week to help clarify. Basically, rule of thumb is that you only ever roll attack speed dice for your hero and one opponent.

Only exception is team battles, obviously - where you roll for each hero against their chosen opponent; following the rules specific for that encounter.

May be the problem is in my poor english I hope this is not vex you. The rules are clear now

No problem! Happy to help.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad