Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Career Items

Page: 1
  • Career Items

What happens to the items that have a specific career as a requirement, when I switch to a different career?
    Are they removed immediately or can they be kept until replaced with a new one?

• Re: Career Items

There was some discussion about this in an earlier thread:

http://www.destiny-quest.com/forums/rules-q-and-a/show/1881#post1881

Like I mention in that thread, it is a bit of a grey area. I would say that 'yes' you can keep the item equipped until it is replaced.

In Winter's Fury I have avoided this by having no items with career requirements. Instead, the careers themselves will have requirements. For example, in the career sneak peek today, the Reaver needs a grapple item equipped to use his two career abilities. But any rogue career can equip the grapple, they just don't get the extra abilities that come with the Reaver.

I think that is a more elegant solution!

It looks like I missed that topic. Very well, now things are clearer.

Is it the same for items that actually "grant" you a career? I am speaking about Tiger's Fury: if I become a Berserker in Act2 and later switch to Cavalier in Act3, can I still keep the Speed bonus until I find another item for the Talisman slot?

No, any career specific abilities are lost. You can only ever have one career (and therefore two career abilities at a time).

I was speaking about the +1 Speed granted by Tiger Fury: is that lost as well?

No, you don't lose attribute bonuses. If that was the case you may as well lose the item

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad