Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Necromancer

Page: 1
  • Necromancer

That is my mage.

Name: Callador, the Deathmaster
    Path: Mage
    Career: Necromancer (Shades, Sacrifice)
    Title: Champion of Light (Bright shield)
    (weird title for a necromancer, right?!)
    Stats: 16 Speed, 0 Brawn, 19 Magic, 6 Armour

Head: Hood of Night (+2Sp, +3Ma)- Deceive
    Cloak: Cloak of the Wind (+3Sp, +1Ar)- Surge
    Gloves: Abattoir Gloves (+1Sp, +4Ma)- Bleed
    Chest: Deathgrip Robes (+2Sp, +3Ar)- Corruption
    Feet: Rune-forged Greaves (+2Sp, +2Ma)

Main hand: Frost Burn (+2Sp, +4Ma)- Piercing
    Left hand: Grimoire of Entropy (+3Sp, +4Ma)- Sear

Talisman: Bone Fetish (LOL!) (+1Ar) - Necromancer Career

Necklace: Pendant of Foresight (+1Sp)- Evade
    Ring: Spider Sapphire (+1Ma, +1Ar)- Webbed
    Ring: Avatar's Circle (+1Ma)- Overload

Notes: Started as Alchemist, switched to Pyromancer and then finally to Necromancer. I think I struggled a bit more in act 2 than in 3, when I had lower speed but more speed abilities. In the end I got high speed and many useful combat abilities, which made things easier. Shades, sear and overload are an useful combo. In act 3, I just didn't finish the red quest, lost to Zul when he had only 3 health points left! Even with my high speed, I couldn't beat the last two legendary monters. The dragon in act 2 was impossible for me with my abilities at the time. I was champion of the arena though. I sacrificed some magic score for higher abiliy, but maybe a speed score of 15 and magic score of 22/23 would be better, especially because you can get many speed potions in act 3.

Overall, fun ride, interesting gear for mages, specially in act 2, a lot of good stuff!

• Re: Necromancer

Critical strike would be good for your build. Did you think about buying the wand from waldo? talanost's reach. You lose sear for that so may be not

• Re: Necromancer

Well, I actually didn't go through any of the downloadable stuff, I used only the book. But yeah, I think that critical strike would definitely be great with overload.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad