Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Pavel the Cavalier

Page: 1 , 2
  • Pavel the Cavalier

Well, finally beat LoS with a Warrior - although it took me four attempts to finish off Lorcan (I have only yet found this battle not to be tough when using my Mage Necro!).

I have to agree with Rougie that the Cavalier is an insanely powerful career. This hero was virtually invulnerable unless a battle went on for too long and all my abilities were used up - and even then I was taking minimal damage (although 12 damage per turn (ignoring armour) from Lorcan's statues was painful!).

Anyway - here he is. A VERY tough nut to crack - I would not recommend taking on a Cavalier in Hero vs Hero combat:

Name: Pavel the Betrayer, Arena Grand Champion
    Path: Warrior
    Career: Cavalier (formerly Gladiator/Ranger)
    Stats: 16sp; 18br; 0ma; 9ar; 55 Health

Head: Brain Infusers 2sp;3ar; (Lightning)
    Cloak: Valiant Spaulders 2sp;2br; (Overpower)
    Gloves: Drake's Scales 1sp;4br; (Rake)
    Chest: Kraka's Casing 2sp;4ar; (Thorn Armour)
    Feet: Twisted Treads 2sp;2br; (Trickster)

Main hand: Grimm Reaper (Axe) 3sp;5br; (Brutality)
    Left hand: Tor Shield 2sp;2ar; (Deflect)

Talisman: Blinding Dust 1sp; (Deceive)

Necklace: Glacial Shards 1sp;1br; (Piercing)
    Ring: Ring of Rebirth 2br; (Kick Start)
    Ring: Splintered Band 2br; (Retaliation)

Other Abilities: Snakes Alive!, Shield Wall, Shield Spin, Windwalker, Dark Claw, (Spore Cloud)

Notes: This hero has 518 GC and Spore Bombs in his backpack (hence the 'Spore Cloud' ability).

Edit: Swapped 3 armour for 2 additional brawn and one additional speed and swapped the 'Might of Stone' ability for the 'Rake' ability by taking the 'Drake's Scales' Gloves after the Team Battle in Act 2 of HoF - so a little less of a 'tank' but a faster, heavier hitter with more DPS capability.

• Re: Pavel the Cavalier

Well done on beating LoS with a warrior! Looks to me to be a very solid "tank" build; one of the better ones I have seen. Teamed up with a high DPS career, I think you could do some serious damage in Team Battles ;)

Thanks for the kind words, Boss!

I have just used this character to team up with my Runecaster in the Act 2 fight against the Drake in HoF - and swapped his Gloves for the 'Drake's Scales' - meaning that he is now faster and hits harder with a new DPS ability but he has sacrificed some armour and a defensive ability. Still very much a tank as well though.

Anyway - I have a question. If I wanted to (which I don't) would this character be able to take the Drake's Heart from that battle and switch to the Drake career? Even though he's an LoS character? The text reads as though he offers the heart to the HoF character - but my HoF character is a Mage. Just curious.

Good work! You're right that the Drake's heart reward could be a bit misleading. It is only available to your HoF hero. The LoS hero can only choose from the initial three rewards.

Relatively new to all this, so forgive any ignorance on my part. What does DPS mean? I assume it refers to your stats.

DPS is a computer gaming term referring to 'damage per second' - commonly attributed to characters that are designed to do lots of damage quickly. In this context, it generally means any ability or hero that does lots of damage per combat round.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad