Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Tanking hero

Page: 1
  • Tanking hero

Name: Polythemus
    Path: Warrior
    Career: Cavalier - shield spin, shield wall
    Title: Betrayer – dark claw
    Stats: 15 speed - 14 Brawn - 14 Armour

Head: Black widow – 2sp, 2br - webbed
    Cloak: Valiant spaulders – 2sp, 2br - overpower
    Gloves: Gauntlets of the fallen – 3br, 2ar – fallen hero
    Chest: Plate of the fallen – 2sp, 4ar – fallen hero
    Feet: Vagabond boots – 2sp, 2ar - steadfast

Main hand: Blood crescent - 3sp, 5br - cleave
    Left hand: Talanost's wall - 2sp, 5ar - deflect

Talisman: Blinding dust- 1sp - deceive
    Necklace: Horn of courage -1sp, 1br - courage
    Ring: Cutters cornelian - 1ar - piercing
    Ring: Witchwood thorn – 1br - thorns

I posted a while back that I wanted to make a tank warrior. This is my first proper try at it and I'm pleased with the result but there are things I'd still like to improve on. With cleave I would like to get hold of bleed or venom to do more damage to multiple foes. Thorns is ok. I would also like to drop steadfast. I only took those boots for the armour.

My brawn was a big issue in most of the battles. I could only chip away at enemy health and some fights took a mindnumbing length of time but then I hardly took much damage. I suppose this mimics being a tank well as tanks should take damage but do the minumum of dps. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works in the coperative play talked about for book two. I think having a tank might be good to soak up hits!!

• Re: Tanking hero

I don't see the point of a tanking class for single play or co op play. I would reckon two high dps characters would be much better for taking down bosses together unless warriors get some extra "tanking" skills and abilities. I don't get yet how the co op will work so just an opinion.

Part of me is inclined to agree but then two dps with low or no armour are going to be pretty squishy if up against a boss that puts out a ton of damage. The question is whether fast damage and a quick kill is manageable or whether the fights are going to be longer endurance type combats.

High dps and passives has to beat any other build combo no question

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad