Forums

Here be spoilers!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

497 Posts in 101 Topics by 104 members

Topic: Magmageddon

Page: 1
  • Magmageddon

Hey all. Has anyone got any advice on how I defeat the fire giant with a pyro? They are all immune to sear, fire aura, ignite, and burn which is all of my combat abilities. I have been using speed potions and mushroom boosts but closest I have got is getting Magma to half health with 2 sprites alive.

I have 10 speed and 19 magic. I thought my magic would be enough but I think it is my speed that is letting me down (and my fire abilities). Is this fight possible with this hero?

• Re: Magmageddon

i don't think you succeed with that hero. what gloves are wyou wearing? do you need the crimson fists? they don't seem that great to me.

I have the hydra fists (+3magic and +2armour from memory) with regrowth. I haven't killed snap jaw or managed to take down shara khana yet so perhaps those item drops might help me. I know that I need to get more speed. Are there any rings with speed for a mage?

I wanted the crimson cuffs because they have speed, good magic and the sear ability (I have sear from my robes at the moment but I think I will swap that soon).

Hi Naxx/Blazzor. I don't remember seeing any rings with speed in the entire game. I might be wrong so don't ignite me ;op. If you defeat snapjaw you get a good mage crown with barbs. That is a good passive.

Your magic seems good, I think you need to geta few points of speed, thats all.

I know there is a warrior ring with speed: Tooth 'n Claw (+1sp +1br)

I have started playing a mage as my second hero but not far enough into the game to know what specific mage rings there are. I agree with Bishop, I don't think I have seen any others that have speed. It is the necklace pieces that seem to mostly have speed.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad