Forums

Here be spoilers!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

497 Posts in 101 Topics by 104 members

Topic: Keywords

Page: 1
  • Keywords

I'm less than halfway through Winter's Fury, which I enjoy very much. There seem to be more keywords than the other books. I love keywords, since they let you branch out more in the story, and they seem to add some mystery when the text asks if you have one ("Ashes? I haven't seen that yet. Where do I find it, and where will it lead?"). Video games and apps keep track of your progress for you, but I like this bit of personal record-keeping. It seems to help me get more involved in the book.

The problem with having a lot of keywords is, I start writing them down in the order I find them, then start losing track. I even split the Notes/Keywords section into alphabetical columns (A-H, I-R, S-Z) to try keeping them in order. So I was hoping you could post on the forum an alphabetical list of all keywords used in the story. The keywords seem vague enough that they won't spoil anything. I could then copy them in ink, and make/erase checks next to the keywords in pencil, as needed. I did this for the great Fabled Lands series, where I had FOUR whole books of keywords on one page, plus all the book pages where I'd check boxes. So I'm not afraid of the extra work Thanks.

• Re: Keywords

No problem. Here is a complete list:

Ashes
    Baited
    Blade
    Bowfinch
    Brawler
    Brothers
    Covert
    Envoy
    Flame
    Fractured
    Frazzled
    Gains
    Hunted
    Kitchens
    Lamp
    Methane
    Pauper
    Prince
    Repentance
    Resolute
    Resolve
    Rocked
    Rookie
    Sacrifice
    Scripture
    Secrets
    Survivors
    Thievery
    Trader
    Triumph
    Underdog
    Veteran

(Moved to spoiler forum)

Wonderful! Thank you. Though you didn't include pauper and prince. Could you also do this on the forums for future books when they come out (assuming/hoping there will be future books)? I'd really appreciate it.

Added those. Yes, if/when future books happen I'll happily provide a keyword list.

That would be a great improvement!

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad