Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2121 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Books question

Page: 1
  • Books question

Hi! Im a bit confused about the books order. I bought 4 books which I thought were #1, 2, 3 and 4 (Legion of Shadows, Heart of fire, Eye of winter's fury and Raiders of dune sea) but I saw on the kickstarter that Raiders of dune sea is the first one of a trilogy. I understand that I'm not the same character in the first 3 books. So does that mean that in Raiders of dune sea I'll be the same character for 3 books since its a trilogy? Or it's just that it's the same universe?
    Thanks!

• Re: Books question

Hi, yes sorry for the confusion. The Raiders of Dune Sea, because of its size as a story, meant that I couldn't fit everything into one book - and it ended up growing bigger as a concept, so that the story is now a trilogy.

So, Raiders of Dune Sea is technically Book 4 of the 'main series' - but also marks the start of a three-book story arc. So your character/hero in The Raiders of Dune Sea will carry over into The Wrath of Ragnarok.

All the books are set in the same world and sort of cross reference each other, with returning characters etc.

I did a little news post that talks about the dilemma of 'where to start':

http://www.destiny-quest.com/news/destinyquest-so-where-do-i-start/

Hi, thanks for these details. I Saw that the publishing date for the Wrath of Ragnarok was planned for next friday, IS this still the case?

Yes, my publisher already has the books in, so they should be getting out to distributors next week. It is available to order now from their website (Troubador) and Amazon UK - and will be hitting Amazon US and other sites probably the week after. Links are on my buy page and will be updated as and when.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad