Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2101 Posts in 313 Topics by 274 members

Topic: Kindle vs Paperback?

Page: 1 , 2
  • Kindle vs Paperback?

I have yet to buy but was wondering if anyone has used the kindle edition and can compare to using the paperback? I keep picturing flipping back and forth in the paperback so I can’t see the kindle edition being easier to use.

Thanks.

• Re: Kindle vs Paperback?

Personally, I prefer the physical books - as it is easier to flip to the rules, glossary and maps when needed - and there's nothing nicer than flipping back and forth in a physical book rather than swiping at a screen. But everyone is different - and some do prefer the eBook versions as they are certainly lighter and easier if travelling.

Although, with both, you still need a print out of the hero sheet, dice etc.

Definitely the physical copy,the kindle is great but there is just something about holding the physical book.

Thanks, Da Boss and RuralLeech. I thought as much. I also prefer physical books for things like games and such.

I did order book 4 as I only saw it available in paperback. I thought I would give it a try.

Kindle Only. I love the links.

That being said, I've only just bought these on Amazon and haven't opened them yet. I've played Fabled Lands both in book form and ebook, and I have discovered that the links are way too great an option to scorn.

I play gamebooks on my iPad in split screen. On one side is the book, on the other side is my graphics app where I keep track on my character sheets.

I'm really looking forward to DestinyQuest 4: The Raiders of Dune Sea being released on Kindle!

Thanks for the input. I just received my iPad so I will give that a try.

What app do you use for the character sheet?

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad