Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2118 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: DQ Book IV in stock

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
  • Re: DQ Book IV in stock

Hmm

But I have always bought everything from sellers who import books and games from the US and the UK. That saves the huge shipping cost. And let me tell you, your books have always been in stock and I've always received them through Amazon Prime.

Have you been to a site named gamebooks.org, maintained by Damien Katz? Plenty of gamebooks/cyoa reviews in there. I think it is the most complete archive of gamebooks. I had written a review for The Legion of Shadow back in the day on that site and I also posted that on Amazon. Suddenly remembered this and wanted to share it with you. Here is the full review:

mray0093's Thoughts:    

First and foremost, all books in this series are like self-contained epics. They are huge in volume and people looking simultaneously for depth and length in a gamebook would be amply rewarded if they come across the first book in the DestinyQuest series, The Legion of Shadow. The book is divided into three acts, each act complete in itself. There are various quests which are marked on the map according to their difficulty. Boss fights are also there which are a boon for players due to the attractive bonus items made available after the fight is over. The game system is well-structured and the combat rules are pretty smooth. You can travel anywhere you want, explore markets and towns, buy stuff, help NPCs and keep customizing your character with better and still better gear. There is no permadeath. You can start playing again from the point where you died and play the same quest again or choose a different one from the map. Dice determine the outcome here, the randomness of which gets more or less balanced by the game mechanics. Overall, a great game. Do check it out.

Oh and btw, enjoying the third book greatly. Familiar concepts and worldbuilding, yet totally new and refreshing gameplay. You are Da Boss, literally!!

Hi all,

I was late for kickstarter and just want to ask if there is a way to buy hard-copy of book IV?

Thank you.

@Gamer_solo Thanks for the kind feedback and helping spread the word on the books. Yes I was aware of gamebooks.org but wasn't sure if it was still maintained and updated. Will take a look...

@Aarionn I'm afraid the hardback is no longer available - Megara who produced it (and rather badly if I say so myself...) have now gone out of business. There is only the softback version available now. The bonus quest that featured in the hardback is available on the downloads page of this site, if you are interested.

@ Da Boss

Thank you very much for your answer. I am sorry it all went wrong with the publisher.

And it kinda make sense to have it in the same format as other books . I am just receiving your first book from Amazon.de, and will purchase other books as I went through the content.I had to tone down my compulsory buying disorder and order all books at once.... sorry

I see that the book IV will be in two parts. Is that right? Will you make another kickstarter maybe?

Thank you very much and I hope you are even more successful in the future.

Best

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad