Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2101 Posts in 313 Topics by 274 members

Topic: New interview on Lloyd's blog

Page: 1
  • New interview on Lloyd's blog

Heya people

Sorry news has been a bit lacking of late, but here is a morsel of DQ goodness to keep you going - an interview by Stuart LLoyd for his April A-Z blog, in which I talk about gaming, DQ and ideas for Book Four. Enjoy:

http://www.lloydofgamebooks.com/2016/04/april-to-z-v-is-for-very-nice-of.html

• Re: New interview on Lloyd's blog

Great interview! I'm particularly pleased with your ideas for the builds in book 4 - that's exactly the sort of thing we've all been wanting to hone in our careers and paths!

Yes it felt like a natural progression of the system – rather than have a random ‘pick and mix’ of abilities, where some can combo together but lots are potentially stand-alone, I wanted to move towards a system where each path feels like it has a stronger theme, and the abilities all tie into that theme –and divided along two potential build-types for each path. I think it makes it easier for players to understand what they are aiming for and making immediate connections with the ability synergies. Also, the career abilities themselves, again –rather than being rather random as they might have seemed in previous books – would now tie in with one of the builds, so adding further possibilities or strengths to a particular style of play.

If Book Four ever gets green-lit, then I’ll certainly be sharing more on these builds in future. The mage ones in particular are pretty darn cool ;)

The mage ones in particular are pretty darn cool ;)

___

Ooh, you absolute tease!

Nice interview.

I really do hope everything works out fine with book 4 and the company that is interested.
    Also hoping it will arrive in real book form and not (only) as app or ebook.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad