Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Destiny Quest Legion of Shadow YouTube series

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10
  • Re: Destiny Quest Legion of Shadow YouTube series

To add to what Alziel wrote, you couldn't do Cleave and Deep Wound together because they're both Combat abilities, and you can only use one of those per round (same with Speed abilities). So, if you win a round and are about to roll a damage score, you can't use Deep Wound to roll two dice to add to your Brawn/Magic, and in the same round, use Piercing to have you damage score ignore your opponent's armour. Pick one, and save the other for another round you win.

Modifiers are different, you can use as many of them as you want, at any time they apply. So if you had Dominate, which turns one of the dice you roll for damage to a 6, you could use it with First Strike or Cleave, to change the damage die you rolled to a 6. Or you win a round, roll a low number for damage score, then use Dominate to change that to a 6. And hey, in the same round (heck, even the same instant), you can use a modifier ability like Heal, to heal yourself. In fact, Heal's the rare ability that can be used multiple times per combat, if you have multiple items with Heal. Got three different items with Heal plus one with Dominate? Change any die you rolled for damage to 6, and heal yourself for 12 Health as well

Got it. I appreciate all the help.

Now for the bad news - we started filming this week's episode and we had a file error half way through and the file wouldn't save. So we have to re-shoot it all over again tomorrow night. UGHHH!!! So this week's episode might not get uploaded tomorrow night and instead might go up Friday night. It depends on how fast I can edit. Also our goal is to keep the episodes under 40 minutes each week. We might not be able to get a full quest completed each week but we'll try to keep the action going from week to week. I think the hour+ long session episodes seem to scare viewers away with their length.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Sydney has been sick and therefore this week's episode will hopefully be filmed and uploaded this weekend. We were hoping after she stayed home from school yesterday, she would be feeling better after school today to record this week's episode. The plus side, you still have time to vote which direction we should head! So far the kelp ladder is in the lead.

Episode 16 takes off where we left off in episode 15. As we climb a kelp ladder, who or what will we encounter? Will they help or hinder our quest for the crown and will we be able to get this lamprey worm out from inside of us in time? Find out as we complete the hardest quest of Act 2 of DestinyQuest "The Legion of Shadow".
    Episode 16:"I Get By With A Little Help From Merman Steve!" https://youtu.be/PqckBrhkZRk

This week we warm up by going back to the colosseum and take on another opponent before we face a "familiar face" to close out Act 2. What will happen once we face this shadow stalker as we "Level Up" into Act 3?!
    https://youtu.be/yzNJkCMLmcw
    Also I want to announce to everyone that at the end of next week's episode I'll have viewers vote on what adventure we should take in Episode 19. Also it will mark the third and final DQ bookmark giveaway for the series. When you vote, you'll gain an entry and we'll pull one at random regardless of what option gets the most votes.
    Then stay tuned until the finale as we'll send one lucky viewer their own copy of DestinyQuest "The Legion of Shadow" as well as a couple other announcements to make as we get closer to the end of Act 3.
    And again I want to say "thank you" to everyone that watches the series. We are having such a fun time providing this content for Michael and YouTube. Hopefully by the end of the series I'll have the episodes just the way I want them. It's definitely been a learning process since I had no background in film editing before this project. I really appreciate everyone that has stuck it out and watched our episodes evolve into what they are becoming.

Act 3 is more linear than the others so I'd say theres only one efficient way to tackle the quests -

Green quest
    orange quest waking the dead (good loot)
    orange quest winter hill (this is hard so you need loot for it!)
    blue quest
    red quest
    boss fight

Visit waldo at 783 to buy upgrades. He has really great stuff if you have the gold.

Legendary monsters I am less sure about advising on. Tackle each one as your speed matches or is better. They have good loot so I wouldn't skip them like you have on previous acts. As a rogue you really want to get mortician's scalpel from the mad doctor (557).

Act 3 gets hard so can't wait to see how it goes!

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad