Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Destiny Quest Legion of Shadow YouTube series

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10
  • Re: Destiny Quest Legion of Shadow YouTube series

Fire aura will only damage your hero's opponents. In the glossary of abilities, whenever you see 'opponents' you can assume that means the monsters/enemies you will be fighting. Anything that affects you (the reader) will refer to the 'hero'. Hope that makes sense.

So equipping the fire aura cloak means that all the hero's opponents will take 1 damage at the end of each combat round. Note that, unlike venom, you don't need to wound them first. This is automatic damage that happens at the end of round 1 for the duration of the combat.

Thanks for the clarification, Michael. I sometimes over-think things and I should have just listened to Sydney. Now the question becomes - do we think backfire or fire aura? Let us know and we'll give you a shout out on the next episode!
    We had some feedback about listing our abilities at the beginning of our episodes which is a great suggestion. We'll make sure to do that. I'm really trying to get these episodes under an hour for viewer interest and to help with editing now that I've been doing post work to them. Just to give you an idea of how long it takes - that one episode of 37 minutes took several hours to edit and then upload. So I try to take/leave/edit out things I think aren't vital to the viewing experience.
    Also let me know how the video quality was in this episode. There should be an improvement. Based on what I can tell there is. I put our new equipment to work this week. Also with our new "studio" mic we didn't seem to have that wonky sound issue like in previous episodes.

I think you meant adding the abilities to the video itself. I only mean to write them in the description underneath the video where you have the weblink to this site. That would be enough for me to refresh the old grey cells with what abliities you have.

Fire aura is better than back fire. Back fire is nasty. It does two damage dice to your hero!

We can do that too. I'm just trying to figure out what is going to work best for viewing. Next episode I think I'm going to try to import a picture of the Act2 map before we start our quest. We're slowing getting to where I wanted to be with these episodes based on my idea when I started out this project. I think we'll have everything down to a science by the end of the book. Hahaha
    I think fire aura is going to work nicely with the Lightning ability and the increased venom damage now. That passive damage is a terrific.

At 17.08 you add brawn to first strike. You only use the damage you roll, you don't add brawn to damage dice (only when you roll for a "damage score")

Thanks for that clarification. I wasn't sure which way to go on that. It makes sense. We'll play it that way from now on. Thank you again.
    We're filming tomorrow's episode tonight. I should have it edited and uploaded again tomorrow night around 9PM ET.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad