Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Destiny Quest Legion of Shadow YouTube series

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10
  • Re: Destiny Quest Legion of Shadow YouTube series

We're back after our holiday break! This episode we take typhoon's advise and go back and battle some fighters back in town, earn some money and buy a dagger that will give us the "venom" ability. Will we accomplish our goals or will we get stomped on inside the arena? Watch and find out!
    Episode 13 "In it for the Money" - https://youtu.be/T5Udc-9xsuc
    I worked some post production (about 3 hours of work) on this video instead of just streaming and posting it. Let me know if it was worth the effort!

Appreciate the mention

I'm glad you swelled your gold coffers and got the venom dagger. Now you can wreak some havoc! As someone commented on the video the assassin dude is at 313. I think he should be easy for you now. The assassin career boosts your venom damage and will replace your first cut with the better first strike ability.

Thanks for the tips! I like the sound of all of that. I think our stats now are 10 speed, 8 brawn and 4 armor. Should we be conserned with any of those? I think we took a hit to our speed and brawn but went up in armor by 2 to get some of those abilities.

I wouldn't bother with armour for a rogue but if the item has a good ability then that is okay. Play the rogue with fast speed and high brawn and a lot of passives, and nothing will come close to harming you.

Rogues can also get more evade special abilities that help too. They let you avoid damage when you lose a round. Not that you will much LOL.

I'll have to double check the totals. I'd like to have that brawn up a point or 2 more.
    As of right now we have the following abilities:
    Charge
    First cut
    Venom
    Lightning
    Trickster
    Lifespark
    Charm X2
    Piercing
    Retaliation
    Heal

There might be more but I know those off the top of my head.

Also has anyone watched that last session? Is it any better/worse than the few previously. I tried to cut out some of the "dead" space, added a title sequence and an end card. I have a much better camera incoming as well which will make the sound and video quality MUCH better. We should be able to start Act 3 with it or possibly before. I wish we could have started out with this set up. Those act 1 episodes are rough since I was just using mobile devices. If we had I think I would have a lot more repeat viewers. I REALLY want to make this a decent product. Hopefully we can keep going and by the time book 1 ends we'll have it perfected!

I thought the last episode was much better. The editing to make it tighter and run quicker was good. There was some sound syncing issues but didn't spoil the viewing.

I've not seen you use retaliation or piercing that much in combat. I liked the tip about having the abilities on paper as a reminder and consulting them each round. Organise those into groups to help you remember.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad