Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: Amazon and other retailers

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
  • Re: Amazon and other retailers

How very DARE they!! ;-)

Don't worry, I'm assured that Amazon will have their stock next week. It's clearly a standard automated email as the book wasn't delivered to them on the 1 Feb date.

I assume that the same goes for Play.com, Waterstones etc.

GRRRR! John Virgo still at number 1 on the Amazon snooker charts. Can't wait for DQ to knock him off the top spot.

WE WILL PWN THE SNOOKER CATEGORY!! COME ON GAMERS!

Hehe.

First the snooker category and then THE WORLD!

(Well, okay, maybe the hockey, lacross and pool categories next. Small steps and all that... ;)

Amazon now say "dispatched within 1 to 2 months" I sense they don't really know what they are doing!

Thanks for flagging this!

Yes, they seem to be going out of their way to confuse people. I wonder how much of their site is automated based on certain conditions.

All I know is that my publisher said that Amazon will have ordered their stock last Thursday (the book is out, it exists and it is in the warehouse!). It takes about four days for that to translate to the site. So Monday or Tuesday, the book should be showing as in stock and orders despatched. I hope.

I have noted that Waterstones and WHSmith are flagging up the 17 Feb as the 'publication date'. No clue on that either. They should get their stock earlier than that. I think they do it as a safety net, while they wait for the books to come in.

EDIT: Of course, if people are worried, then there is always the collectors set available on eBay. I'm despatching same day in most cases

AMAZON = FAIL

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad