Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2119 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: News update- hardbacks

Page: 1 , 2
  • News update- hardbacks

Posted a news update on the hardback release of The Heart of Fire:

http://www.destiny-quest.com/news/

• Re: News update- hardbacks

Any idea what we'll need to do about pre-orders on those? I need to change the address I gave anyway. Maybe I'll cancel and reorder.

Not sure - I assume the retailers will contact people, but might take a few weeks. I'd advise cancelling and re-ordering.

Man that's really disappointing about the hardbacks. I always prefer those when I can get them since they age so much better. Any chance of a limited run collector's hardback?

Yeah, it is a tad disappointing. The decision wasn't mine to make and sadly I don't have any influence over any future decisions regarding DQ hardbacks.

The LoS hardback has performed really well, so I'd hoped that would guarantee HoF in hardback, but the second book is a bigger offering this time round - that coupled with the colour section, I guess it was just proving too expensive to produce with very small returns for the publisher.

Perhaps if HoF makes the bestseller lists then we may yet see HB versions in the future (here's hoping, clinging desperately to my +10 Ring of Wishful Thinking)

A real shame that the Hardback version of HoF has been pulled, and I am sure that you are as upset by the publishers decision as your loyal fans are, but these days, money really does talk (unfortunately)!

I suppose this means that my signed Gollancz HB copy of LoS will just become more and more collectible as time goes on...

Anyway, onto my main question. I was wondering if you have any lovely little goodies to add to any pre-orders this time?

For LoS, you had some fantastic (they really were gorgeous) extras (cards, die, bookmarks) for various pre-orders, and I was wondering if you have anything else up your sleeve to offer for pre-orders of HoF?

Finally, do you think an e-book version of HoF might still be a possibility? or is it far too early to tell yet?

Thanks, and the very best of luck with the release of HoF in a few weeks time...can't wait!!

Cheers,
    Kevin

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Seabreeze

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad