Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2101 Posts in 313 Topics by 274 members

Topic: Team battle

Page: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
  • Re: Team battle

Good to get a clearer picture of how the team battles are going to work. I specially like the idea of having support and attack heroes. I suppose this will allow for healing careers to stay out of the line of fire while they heal and buff the other hero?

The overview you gave has left me confused about speed abilities. If both heroes are choosing to attack can they both use speed abilities? If they both had knockdown for instance could they remove both dice from play? Also if only one hero is attacking can both heroes use speed abilities still?

I assume all this will be made clear when we see the full rules. Can't wait!

If both heroes choose to attack then, yes, they can both use speed abilities. If they were both to use an ability like knockdown, then they would essentially eliminate the opponent from rolling any speed dice. (That would use up two abilities though, remember!)

If a hero is in a supporting role, they cannot use any speed or combat abilities - only modifier abilities.

Speed-wise, that round sounds like a fairly normal round. But, instead of only 2, you can have 3 rolls. Each hero would apply speed skills to himself only. And then whoever has the highest speed roll (hero1, hero2, opponent) is the one who attacks. So, you actually have a better chance of hitting with 2 heroes.

As for modifiers. Am I right to say that the support hero can only use modifier skills? I wouldn't be able to use a speed skill on the hero attacking?

Edit: my question is null and void. I had the page open for a while and missed that Da Boss answered. Scratch that.

Yep, combat runs very similar to normal combat - you just have an extra hero and their abilities to juggle.

Having said that, each Team Battle encounter is different. So, the combat phase may differ a little depending on the foe you are fighting.

Did I read it correctly that passives stack? Wow a pair of rogues are going to do some sick damage:bleed, venom, disease, barbs, thorns, fire auras. About 14-16 damage a round!

Round 1: 2 Heroes attack. 1 hits.
    Round 2: Other hero attacks, hits.
    Round 3: Death of enemy due to massive passive damage.

Sounds good to me

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad