Forums

General Discussion

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

2120 Posts in 314 Topics by 275 members

Topic: DQ Armory / Char Sheet

Page: 1 , 2 , 3
  • DQ Armory / Char Sheet

I had an idea last night for a sort of automatic character sheet. If any of you are like me, you update your equipment, but sometimes forget something (usually abilities for me). I want to assist in that.

What I'm thinking is a web app where you can select your equipment, which displays all relevant character data resulting from that. What you're doing now, but automatic.

I'm in the beginning stages of this, and this is going to be more of a fun side project when I don't want to work on some of my other things. In other words, this could take a while. Is there interest in a project like this? I can see possibilities extending from this, but that is for the future.

And yes, I checked with Da Boss, and he's okay-ed this.

• Re: DQ Armory / Char Sheet

I was thinking something similar, but just making a spreadsheet or something to share with all the item stats. Then I realised how long it might take me I think an automatic sheet like this would be good for trying out builds too.

Yeh, I think that would be fun as well.

And I agree, the hardest part is going to be entering all that data. I'm trying to think if there is any easier way, or not.

What might happen, is that I just make a file with all the items, and one with all the abilities. As things are added, they can be added as need be. And if others want to use the data, they can. Sort of a main repository of data that everyone can use.

I think this is a great idea Rithe. I would find it useful if I could filter items by act, type and by path. Maybe that would be too much hassle for you but I think item location would be useful. eg I could select Act 1 and left hand items. or all cloak items.

I'm hoping that it will be able to select items by Act and slot. Not sure about path, though. That would require mapping the quests out, and I don't know that I want to spend the time doing that.

I'll release this under a license that will allow people to edit and expand upon the system. I don't want to presume that I'll have the time and ability in the future to add to this. I hope I do, but I know the way life goes.

Just to update people. I have a system that the different slots are changeable, although I only have a few items to work with right now. Right now, I'm working on getting a way to search for items in the item list. After that is working, I'll get it set so you can select an item by a slot, or search by name.

As I said, I don't have many items to work with yet. I might call on the rest of the community to help me with that later. Probably set something up to allow people to add items.

After that, I'll probably set up the quest side of things. Right now I want to get the items working first. Oh, and abilities. I've got a few of those as well.

It's going pretty good, overall. I'm hoping to have something to show you guys in the next few weeks.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad